Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WEEK 34 AND A TOUGH WEEK FOR OUR FAMILY

Yesterday was the start of week #34.  Today I saw Dr. Hopf and he feels good about Josslyn's progress at this time.  Things are changing, that's for sure.  I am tired all of the time and have definitely been feeling the growing pains.  Hey, that's all part of the game and I continue to feel blessed with the way this pregnancy has gone so far!  Now, we'll just keep trying to be patient for her arrival!
This week has been a tough week for our family.  My uncle/Godfather, who has been battling cancer since this summer, discovered that cancer has taken over his liver and lungs.  He was sent home yesterday with hospice care.  We know his time with us is minimal and that makes us feel very sad for him and his family.  It also reminds us of how close we were to making similar arrangments for my mom.  I thank the Lord everyday for her and her health.  I also thank Him for my dad's health.  Although we never talked hospice care for him, we weren't sure he was going to survive the major brain surgery he had to have in 2004.  My heart aches for Mark's family, especially Aunt Elaine, and Cousins Mike, Dennis, Julie and Matt.  I pray that each moment they have with their dad is more special than the one before.  May God send them peace and comfort during this time!  I know wherever Uncle Mark is, he will watch over our family and send us lots of laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment