Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Wow!  I knew I was behind on posting but didn't realize that it has been 5 weeks since my last update.  I must have been super busy being a mom :)
Today makes 6 weeks since Josslyn was born.  When we went to bed last evening, Adam and I reminisced about the way we felt 6 weeks ago at that time.  We were both so anxious and ready to meet our little girl.  6 weeks ago at this time I was wide awake with anticpation and now I'm wide awake, feeding this precious little girl!  The anticipation was great, but holding this precious little life is so incredible...even if it means being wide awake at 3am!
Josslyn sure has changed in the past 6 weeks.  She of course has grown and looks very "well nourished."  She sleeps for longer periods at one time.  She loves tummy time.  She is getting better with bath time.  She coos and coos which is more than enough to melt my heart.  She smiles randomly and recognizes my voice and Adam's...wow, now that makes a person feel important.   She is so much more alert...it's  so fun to watch her develep! 
Josslyn had her baptism in January which was a nice celebration with our immediate families.  Kim, Dan and Marek were here for that.  We had SO MUCH FUN with them and can't wait to see them again hopefully very soon ;) 
Well, since 6 weeks has passed, that means my maternity leave is officially 1/2 way over.  This saddens me greatly!  I'm going to miss cuddling with my baby throughout the day and running our errands together whenever we want.  We won't be able to take random naps.  However, I do miss my friends from work and it will be good to catch up with them.  It will also be good to check on my patients...hopefully they have done really well while I've been gone!  It eases my mind to know that we have a fantastic baby-sitter lined up for Josslyn...I can't imagine having that worry along with the emotional transition it will already be!  Until that time comes though, I am going to enjoy each moment I have with her and try not to think about how quickly the next 6 weeks will go!
Well, that's about all going on here at the Glendening's.  Honestly, there isn't time for much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment